A-Weigh We Go

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Thursday, March 30, 2017

Nothing Unplanned

Ask my family and they'll tell you, I'm not a planner. (but I don't do well with last minute changes/decisions either...I know...I'm complicated!)

My oldest son, PJE, is graduating from High School in less than 2 months.  I don't have a plan yet as to what his graduation celebration will look like.  My oldest daughter, on the other hand, has planned her daughter's 5th birthday party (for the same date as the un-planned graduation open house)... she did it in February.  She asked me the other day what my plan was for Mother's Day.  Isn't that still a couple months away? Her family's summer camping trips and Thanksgiving Disney adventure are already scheduled and details coming together.  I'm doing well to think about what's on my calendar tomorrow and can't even fathom looking beyond asking CME to reserve a campsite in DC in July (which he's already done).

 I'm not a planner.

One thing I would always tell people who were considering RNY is that you have to plan.  You have to plan what to eat when you go out to a restaurant. For instance, did you know that many of the salads on restaurant menus are some of the highest caloric choices you can make?  Don't believe me? Check it out for yourself.  You have to have a plan when holidays/birthdays/celebrations roll around and you're surrounded by people and food.  You have to plan how to respond to questions about your "sudden" weight loss, or why you chose RNY as well as many other questions you WILL be asked. You have to plan and track and be aware of everything - or old habits WILL creep back in regardless of how much you say they won't!  (First-hand experience)

So I'm thinking - what if NOTHING unplanned went into my body? I'm approaching my 5-year surgiversary and I'm still struggling. Mom's been back in the hospital/rehab, work craziness continues to be crazy and I continue to struggle doing what I need to do. And doing what I need to do should consist of PLANNING what goes in my body. So that's my new "NSV" goal... nothing unplanned.

And my "support" system for this plan is found in God's word.  It's what I need more than anything...He is what I need.


_______________________________________________
"I praise you [God] because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." ~Psalm 139:14

No comments:

Post a Comment