A-Weigh We Go

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Monday, July 15, 2013

Blah

I've been wanting to get back to blogging regularly, but man I've been soooo busy.  It's not bad to be busy, but I find that I don't do as well on taking care of myself when I'm busy. I know...big revelation for all of us there, huh?  Life happens and sometimes I pack more stuff into my day than I really should and leave out things that I really need to be doing.  Journaling...blogging...exercising.  Yep, that nasty "E" word is still my nemesis.  I'm walking some..but that's about it.  I do "run" the stairs when I need to go to a different floor at work, but big whoop.  I'm not consistent and I know I need to be; I just can't seem to find the motivation.

Weight-wise, I'm still doing just fine.  On any given day, my weight is between 149# and 152#.  Seems to have plateaued here - which is an okay range for me at 5'6"(ish).  (Still remembering I've got at least 15 pounds of excess skin.)  Problem is that I know I need to be doing weight training.  As I continue to age, good strong muscles will help with better mobility, balance and overall better health.  I know this...yet, I can't seem to find the motivation I need.  I liked when I went to the Body Pump classes, but I can't seem to fit those in any more.  My current work situation doesn't allow for the flexible lunch schedule and getting to the gym after work just isn't happening.  And my schedule is only getting busier as I look ahead.  All good things, really - things that will be feeding me Spiritually (which I am craving), but busier nonetheless.  Maybe I will finally start utilizing the Wii or X-Box.  Something is better than nothing, right?

Blah.  That's kinda how I feel about it tonight.  Blah.  ________________________________________________
"I praise you [God] because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." ~Psalm 139:14

1 comment:

  1. Something IS better than nothing! You know, as always, I can totally relate to this post. We're always on opposite sides. The meals are my weakness & the exercising is yours. Perhaps this is why God brought us together. If you ever need a walking or weight training buddy, call me! I'm learning more stuff to do at the park, so we don't have to do the gym =)

    ReplyDelete