A-Weigh We Go

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

5Kx3

Exercise and I still aren't the best of friends.  Yes, I walk more now, but I'm not consistent.  I "run" the stairs (aka walk up them briskly when I need to go from floor to floor) at work.  But I've just not been as faithful in exercising as I know I need to be.  I could list all the reasons...busy schedule, too tired, boys' schedule etc. etc. etc.  But the truth of the matter is, I still don't like it. Period.  Yes, I liked Body Pump, but after the dizziness issue, I stopped going.  I really should try it again...I've only had dizziness issues occasionally now.  :::makes note to try to get back to a BP class:::

I need some motivation.  So here's what I'm going to do.  I'm going to participate in three 5K races in the next two months!  I'm contemplating whether to walk the first and walk/run the next two or just walk them all and work on increasing my time each race.  Regardless, I'm going to do them. One of my by goals was to participate in a half marathon...which I've not done either. I was so proud of my oldest daughter...she finished her first half marathon earlier this month.  I'm ashamed to admit that I was too chicken to try.  I was afraid that I'd fail.  That I'd not finish or that I'd puke or something.  Yet, my daughter, who hadn't trained at all, did it!  Proud and inspiring moment! Still keeping that on my "must do" list.

Anyway, for some accountability, I'm going to list the 5Ks that I'm doing.  I'll post after each one and let you know how I did.

Toulouse-Lautrekkin
Turkey Day 5K
Jingle Bell Run

Here's to being able to walk 5Ks even though I complain about exercise! Thank you God for giving me the health to do this!  


_______________________________________________
"I praise you [God] because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." ~Psalm 139:14

1 comment:

  1. I'm doing the Museum one, I think. It was the last one I did w/my achilles injury. I'm going to go slow, so I don't irritate it even more, but I *will* finish. I have to. My mental health needs this, probably more than my physical. See ya there!

    Oh and remember, this one is actually almost 4 miles 'cause they map it wrong ;)

    ReplyDelete