A-Weigh We Go

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Sunday, January 12, 2014

Hanging Up The Jersey

It's officially time to put away my new Colts jersey.  As Andrew Luck himself said, "the Patriots deserved to win."  (Ugh, that stings even typing it!!)  

No, this isn't a football blog... you're at the right place.  But what a disappointing end to a really good season!  My beloved Colts couldn't stop the run, we couldn't catch important passes and Luck had 4 interceptions!  This is a young team and I'm sure we've got many good years ahead of us, but blah!

All that brings you to my jersey reality check. See, the last jersey I had no longer fit.  Not even as a night shirt!  CME, being the awesome hubby that he his, got me a new one for Christmas!  The reality check is in the pictures below...first, me in my new jersey...the last two pictures are of me in 2008 at a Colts game. The Manning jersey was a Men's XXXL...and was snug in places. My new jersey is a Ladies' Medium!  The reality check of where I've come from happened when I compared the pictures side by side.

McAfee is awesome!

Thumbs up for Manning!
Colts fan, first and foremost; Manning fan second...so now Go Broncos!
Old pictures are hard to look at. They represent times when I was trapped. Trapped in a life that I had created. Trapped in the lies that I let the world tell me about who I was. Trapped in moments of constant pain - either physical or emotional. But they are also reminders of how God has delivered me from all of that! How He has been so faithful to guide me step by step and to heal my wounded heart. 

So even as I hang up the jersey for another year, I can be happy! Thank you Jesus for your unending faithfulness! I am blessed!
________________________________________________
"I praise you [God] because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." ~Psalm 139:14

1 comment: