Some random thoughts:
- Ran into the wife of the guy who passed away from RNY... it happened to be exactly 6 months since his death. Now, as you know, I don't believe in happenstance. I truly believe that God put her in my path for a couple of reasons. First, so that I could pray for her. She was having a really hard time. She needed prayer. Secondly, I needed to think about what I've been doing the past 6 months. Was I taking this surgery and my life for granted? Had I fully understood that each and every day is a gift from God? Nope, can't say that I had. Seeing her was not happenstance.
- I talked to a lady at work that had RNY 5 years ago. If I hadn't seen pictures of her "before" then I would have NEVER guessed (even 5 years later) that she had ever been obese. So I asked her to share with me her long-term success story. The very first thing she said was, "I have a number and I will NOT go over it...heck, if I even get close to it, I figure out what I've done and I immediately fix the problem!" Good point! Weighing every day isn't always a good thing during the weight loss process, but in maintenance? I'm all for it! Seriously. She also said, "Don't ever get your sweet tooth back!" She had and said it's still a vice for her. I understand that.
- CME took me shopping for some new clothes. Like "real" new clothes, not consignment shop clothes. I was silly-giddy that I was shopping in stores at the mall that weren't "Plus Size" shops. Silly, I know...
- I need to slow back down eating.
- I still enjoy coffee.
- I turned 46 on 2/28 and had "Happy Birthday" sang to me in English, Arabic, Korean, German, Turkish, Spanish and French. THAT was fun!
- CME is amazing.
"I praise you [God] because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." ~Psalm 139:14