This week I've ventured out in my cooking endeavors. Found this recipe and not only was it totally delicious, it's healthy!! Win/win!!
So thanks for understanding the recipes are for me to share some fun foods I get to enjoy!
CURRIED CHICKPEAS WITH SPINACH AND TOMATOES
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 red jalapeño or Fresno chile, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped ginger
- 1 pound fresh flat-leaf spinach, tough stems trimmed
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 heaping teaspoon chili powder
- 2 15-ounce cans chickpeas, rinsed
- 1 24-ounce can whole peeled tomatoes
- Flatbread or steamed white rice, for serving
1 serving contains:
- Calories (kcal) 340
- Fat (g) 10
- Saturated Fat (g) 1
- Cholesterol (mg) 0
- Carbohydrates (g) 53
- Dietary Fiber (g) 16
- Total Sugars (g) 14
- Protein (g) 15
- Sodium (mg) 1330
Heat 1 Tbsp. oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic, chile, and ginger; cook until fragrant and softened, about 4 minutes. Working in batches, add spinach by the handful, tossing to wilt between additions. Cook until fully wilted and bright green, stirring often, about 5 minutes. Transfer mixture to a food processor and pulse until coarsely chopped. Season with salt and pepper; reserve.
- Heat remaining 1 Tbsp. oil in same skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook until softened, 5-6 minutes. Add curry powder and chili powder and cook until toasted and fragrant, about 1 minute. Add chickpeas and tomatoes with juices, squeezing tomatoes with your hand as you add, and 1/2 cup water. Season with salt and pepper and simmer until tomatoes are broken down and sauce has thickened, about 10 minutes. Fold in spinach purée. Serve with flatbread or steamed white rice.