A-Weigh We Go

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Saturday, July 25, 2015

I Am Not...

I read an article this morning and it prompted me to come up with my own "I am not" list...but then to take it one more step to "I am"...  Here are my lists:

I am not...

  • ... a former 'fat girl'
  • ... a teenage mom
  • ... a statistic
  • ... a divorcee (who has wonderful husband second time around)
  • ... a number on a scale
  • ... a recovering food addict who still struggles 
  • ... a success story of gastric bypass
  • ... my past 

I am...


Both lists could go on and on, but it's important for me to remember the "I am" list as it's way too easy to be caught up in the other list...even the success stories. Those stories do not define me. I am who God defines me as. The other things are merely part of my story of His work in my life.



________________________________________________
"I praise you [God] because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." ~Psalm 139:14

No comments:

Post a Comment