So this morning as I was having my quiet time, I decided that I need to put into words some of the moments to be thankful about from this past couple of weeks.
I am thankful...
- that my mom is gaining strength and will probably be released for the rehabilitation center at some point next week.
- that I took the time to actually fix healthy meals for the family this week.
- that I have children who others recognize (as do I) as genuinely loving and kind people
- that when my "pouch hurts" I can surf the web and find others that have experienced the same thing. I know that may sound strange, but if you've not been through this you really don't understand - as helpful as you try and knowledgeable as you may be.
- that the situation with my mom has made me more diligent again in caring for my own health.
- that the five pounds I've lost are still off - even if the other 10 aren't.
- that I could spend last night with the International Students!!
Focusing on the positive instead of the negative can make a world of difference in emotional health which effects my physical health. And if I don't focus on the good, then I'm in a place that is going to lead me down a dark path that had me trapped by food for decades! What a good breakthrough this morning! And for that I'm thankful!
|My Name or "Mom" in 11 Languages!|
|My Kuwaiti "son" that started the whole thing!|
"I praise you [God] because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." ~Psalm 139:14