Things I did really poorly while in Turkey
- I ate WAY too much bread. Every meal, every day... bread.
- I couldn't always tell the sugar content, yet I ate things anyway.
- I did not drink nearly enough water. Lots of hot tea, ice tea, Turkish coffee and Nescafe - not enough water.
- I often drank with my meal.
- I gained 1.1# (could be worse, I know...but boo!)
- I could have been better at saying no when something was offered. The hardest to turn down? Fresh fruit when I wasn't hungry anyway.
- Occasionally I ate too much. Like I knew I was "full" but would have one more bite. Didn't happen often, but I know it happened, which means I could have done better.
- I tried many new foods - successfully!
- I ate very little processed/packaged food. Tons of fresh veggies, fruit, meat, etc.
- I got plenty of protein in - various cheeses were also staples for almost every meal...and eggs for breakfast.
- Walking - we walked a lot...up hill...both ways! ;-) Seriously though, this could also be considered an NSV! Many hours walking without pain; climbing steep stairs in a castle; running through an airport... many NSVs!
|First Turkish Coffee of the Trip|
|Being in Turkey with this woman...two thumbs up!|
|Public Transportation (had tea here too!)|
|Fresh fish sandwich - (I didn't eat this bread)|
|I went down the slides!!!!|
"I praise you [God] because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." ~Psalm 139:14