A-Weigh We Go

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Saturday, June 15, 2013

Loving the NSVs!

Thought I’d list out some of my NSVs from my recent trip to Turkey.  These are kind of fun to list!
  • Being able to sit on the ground in a crowded waiting area at the airport and being able to get up off the floor without a problem.  Even being able to get up gracefully!
  • Not needing a seat belt extender on any flight – even having to tighten the seat belt after I fastened it.
  • Running through the Rome airport because I almost missed my flight.  The whole time I was stressed about the situation I was also amazed that I was running through the airport…and I didn’t miss my flight!
  • Walking down the aisle of the airplane without needing to turn sideways to avoid contact with people/seats.
  • No swollen feet after very long flights!
  • Walking hours (6 was the most in one day) with very few “sitting” moments and having absolutely no aches or pains in my knees, ankles, feet, back!  Plus not being out of breath when walking up the steep hills of the streets in Istanbul or climbing stairs to the top of the Galata Tower in Taksim or to the top of the Bodrum Castle.
  • Fitting in the back of a small Honda with 3 other people (yeah, not legal in the states…but I wasn’t in the states!) Previously, I would have taken up the space of two people!
  • Enjoying new foods without incident!  (Fully 100% credit this to God!)
  • Going down the slides at a playground to the amusement of a 2 year old!
  • Not shying away from the camera…even in a bathing suit!

In all honesty, this whole trip is one NSV and a testimony to the work God continues to do in my life!  May he receive all the glory and honor and praise!

And now some pictures...because it's my blog and I can post what I want!  LoL


Flight #1 - no seat belt extender and window seat.  Yep, happy camper!

Sitting cross-legged...on the ground.. yep, I did that!


Historic train station in Istanbul

Beautiful view at lunch time.

In front of Dolmabahce Palace


This is the view the Sultans and Ataturk would have from the palace.


Galata Palace - Taksim, Istanbul

Breakfast table...lots of fresh food, eggs and cheese...see the breads???


They included me in the family picture!  :)

Fashion designer cousin...does beautiful wedding and special occasion gowns!

Love this girl!

Foca - yes, the water is that blue!

I took this picture for one of my blog readers... Deniz!  :)  It's "her" restaurant!



View from their home in Bodrum.


________________________________________________
"I praise you [God] because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." ~Psalm 139:14

No comments:

Post a Comment