A-Weigh We Go

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Attitude of Gratitude

I haven't been to a support group for several months.  Either I've been out of town, or the boys have had something on the schedule, or I just didn't feel up to it.  I find that I need those meetings.  It may seem silly, but to be able to talk with others who are going through what I've gone through, well, it's just good.

Since it's November, the topic was "gratitude".  We took a few minutes to write out some things we're thankful for and then we shared with the group.  But before we did that, I took a quick video of the group saying hi to my friend "M" whom God connected me with through this blog.  She moved a few months back and well, she's still on our hearts and I texted her the video so she knew how much she's loved and missed!

Anyway, here are the things I listed in the quick few minutes we had to jot down our thoughts.

  • I'm thankful that I am not defined by what the scale says...either at my highest or my lowest...but that my identity is that I am a child of God!
  • I'm thankful for God giving me the courage for RNY.
  • I'm thankful for the NSVs I've experienced along the way.
  • I'm thankful for the staff at bariatric center who have been great from day one!
  • I'm thankful that I can say no to food.
  • I'm thankful for good health!
  • I'm thankful for a job even when I'd rather not work.
  • I'm thankful for my friends...both old and new.
  • I'm thankful for a loving and supportive family.
  • I'm thankful for the opportunity to share my story, either through speaking at informational meetings or through my blog.
  • I'm thankful for technology to stay in contact with others (like M in OK!)
  • I'm thankful for gloves...and coats.
  • I'm thankful for PB2 and bananas.
  • I'm thankful for CME!!!!!

Yes, the list is random and yes it is only a small glimpse of what I'm truly thankful for.  God is so good and faithful in His promises.  I'm thankful that He is the center of my life and that through Christ Jesus, I can do all things!

I hope that you have a support group that encourages you.  Maybe it's not an "official" group through your bariatric center, but at least a group of people who are in the same boat as you are - who are there to comfort you when you cry and rejoice with you when you're celebrating!



________________________________________________
"I praise you [God] because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." ~Psalm 139:14

1 comment:

  1. Hi Deedra
    Wow - we seem to be thinking along the same lines - I'd just written out my 'blessings' to be counted when I came across what you'd said, so I've linked to your post on mine. It's hard to do sometimes, being appreciative when life gets tough, but it really does help to list the things we can be grateful for, doesn't it. Have a super weekend.

    ReplyDelete