A-Weigh We Go

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Saturday, July 7, 2012

My Saturday

I got to sleep in today!  I didn't get out of bed until almost 9:30!!  I think that's the first time in...well, I don't remember how long it's been!  The extra sleep was nice - though it kind of threw my eating schedule off.  It's 5:30 pm and I've not officially had "lunch" yet - though I did have a great fruit protein shake that had 33g of protein.  I may count that as lunch...we'll see how the rest of the night goes.  I have gotten in my fluids!  It's been WAY too hot not to drink.  So at least I've got that going.


I left my house around 11:00 am to try to find some clothes at the resale shops.  I really don't want to spend a lot of money on clothes that I won't be able to wear long, but it has come down to the fact that I need some clothes for a trip I'm going on in a week combined with the need for some things I can wear to work that aren't totally hanging.  I had read a good entry on Paige's blog that she titled Clothes in Stages.  She gave a lot of great advice about shopping for clothes and how we will gravitate toward the wrong (too big) sizes.  She even suggested taking a friend to help you realize what truly fit versus what fit because it was too big!  Though I had read it...I didn't heed her warnings!  Seriously, next time I will ask someone to go with me!


Five hours later, I had hit 4 resale shops, Fashion Bug, TJ Maxx, Target, Kohl's, Wal-Mart and Gordman's.  Let me state, for the record, I. do. not. like. to. shop!  But sometimes we have to do what we have to do!  At the end of of the day, I bought 2 skirts, 2 pair of capris, 3 shirts, 2 pair of shoes and a necklace - for about $50.  The resale shops won out...even though one of them was a bit more expensive than the other.  I almost broke down and got two shirts at Gordman's but I wasn't totally comfortable with them and at $12.99/ea I just couldn't do it.  There is one shirt at Fashion Bug that I *may* go back and buy.  Maybe.  -shrug-


Now it's time to remove all the too big clothes for good!  It feels odd (in a good way) to wear clothes that fit.  I guess I've gotten use to baggy.


In other news, the Big Bang 5k results got posted.  First race was 1:01.23, this one was 56:31.  I'll take it!  Also, we found out that our youngest son actually got the 10th place of the male walkers which means he gets a trophy too!  I emailed the president of the sponsoring club to see how we can go about getting it.  He's happy that he gets a trophy too!


So there's my Saturday re-cap.  Oh...and I didn't weigh.  (Sorry CME)  Maybe tomorrow.  ;-)
________________________________________________
"I praise you [God] because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." ~Psalm 139:14

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the link to that blog. I tend to gravitate to bigger sizes for fear of disappointment when something doesn't fit right. I need to learn it's not ME. It's the CLOTHES that don't fit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are quite welcome. Paige's blog is full of good encouraging advice on getting healthy and has some decent recipes on there too! She's a runner...now! :)

      Delete