A-Weigh We Go

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Saturday, September 22, 2012

Catching Up

Wow!  I'm behind!  I'm behind in blogging and in reading my emails and I'm sure there are other things that I'm so far behind in that I can't even remember that I'm behind on them!  Oy!  So, let's see if I can do a little bit of catching up on here...

After my dizzy episode, I sat out of the next Body Pump class until I had a chance to talk with RD.  What we decided to try is a couple of things before that class.  One - try to increase fluids (though I still felt I had done good on that when I was dizzy) and Two - try to get some carbs in closer to the exercise time.  That particular day, I couldn't go during lunch time so I went after work.  It had been almost 3 hours since I had last had anything in my system besides water.  RD suggested that it can be as simple as a glass of milk, but to make sure that I've gotten some carbs.  The next opportunity for class was this past Thursday.  Made it to the lunchtime class and had absolutely no problems with dizziness.  I've decided to monitor my food a bit more closely on the days I do that class.  It's actually a mental struggle to get there, but at this point, it's what I've found that I'm actually sticking with!

Had another support group last week.  The topic was "Change".  We each got to discuss some of the changes we're experiencing and how we feel about them.  I had a couple of things that came to mind.  First, I mentioned how we really are working as a family to try to get healthy.  It's not just me losing weight, but we truly are talking about and making changes to our eating and exercise habits to help us all get healthier.  I wish I had made these changes much earlier in my life...where all my kids could have benefited from a healthy Mom and healthy lifestyle.  Regardless, it's a good change and one that I pray benefits us all.  The other change issue was a bit harder to discuss.  I'm having an issue accepting compliments from people.  get embarrassed, to be quite honest.  The change in my appearance is something that must really be noticeable now because I'm hearing comments almost everywhere I go.  It's attention that I'm not use to and I'm not always sure how to respond.  Trust me, I am thrilled that people notice the hard work and I'm equally as thrilled when they tell me.  I'm just not use to hearing it...it's weird.  -shrug-

Speaking of change, my work environment is changing again.  In July I moved to a new role with my former boss.  There were a total of five of us in that group.  We found out on Thursday that the other three were being transitioned to different roles/jobs/departments.  That leaves my boss...and me...as "Business Development".  I'm excited and nervous at the same time.  We are going to have a LOT on our plate and a lot of eyes on us.  I pray that God will continue to grant me wisdom in my job and continue to provide me the organizational skills it's going to take to make this successful!  OH and a big announcement last week is that our insurance is changing at work - which means that had I waited, I wouldn't have had insurance to cover the surgery.  God's timing is always perfect!!!

I learned a new word this week, thanks to the online forum I visit:  "Shrinkles"  Shrinkles is a cute way of referring to the extra skin that's hanging around these days.  Shrinkles are the wrinkles as a result of shrinking in size!  

I had a case of the "foamies" this morning.  I'm not sure if it was because I ate too fast, ate too much or a combination of both.  I really don't believe it's quantity because what I ate is pretty much a staple breakfast for me.  One Morning Star Farms Sausage Patty and one scrambled egg.  As I was eating the last bite of the egg, I knew I had to stop - it felt like all my food was stuck.  I never threw up, but for over an hour, I had foamies in the back of my throat.  Again, not a pleasant experience, but a reminder that I need to be listening to my body!

Finally, I did something that I never thought possible.  I out-shopped both my daughters!  I'm not a shopper by nature.  Never really enjoyed it, but I was at a stage where I needed some new clothes (again).  It seems like Fall has arrived and that meant that I had no clothes that I could wear for the season.  Even the clothes I bought in July have gotten too big.  My size 18 pants are baggy and some of the tops just hang.  So today I decided to fix that issue.  I spent a couple of hours this morning first looking for (without much luck) 70s get-ups for my boys to wear to Throw Back night at our church youth group tomorrow night.  Slightly after noon, my daughters came and got me and we headed off to the consignment shops.  I took them along so they could help me determine if the clothes fit, were too big, too snug or ugly. LoL We hit three consignment stores and then the mall.  It was slightly after 6pm when my oldest daughter made the comment that she never thought she'd see the day that I out-shopped them!  :)  They dropped me off at home a little later and I was out the door again still trying to find something for the boys. I finally got home a little after 9pm.  I'm excited to report that for a little over $100 I was able to get 6 shirts, 3 sweaters, 2 tank tops (to wear under the sweaters), 5 pair of pants and 1 pair of jeans!  Trust me when I say it takes a LOT of time to try on all those clothes and still come away with that much stuff for that little money!  Fun fact for me...all the pants were size 16 and the tops were either L or XL! (NSVs for sure!)

I look at the way that God is leading me through this path and I am so thankful for His faithfulness.  Through hectic and changing times, He is there. He gives me strength and rest at the same time.  I am so blessed!
________________________________________________
"I praise you [God] because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." ~Psalm 139:14

No comments:

Post a Comment