A-Weigh We Go

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Saturday, September 29, 2012

Scouting Mom NSV

Today was the first day of the 2012 Boy Scout popcorn sales.  Generally, I dread this time of the year.  Is that bad?  Today was no different in that aspect.  

Yankee Candle Company was generous enough to allow us to set up popcorn tables in their store.  One broken candle (thanks to our youngest), one broken plate (thanks to yours truly) and 3.5 hours later we finished our first round of sales.  After a brief stop to pick up some more, we headed to one neighborhood to sale popcorn door to door.  We walked for nearly 3 hours as the boys made it their goal to hit every house on every street.  Needless to say I was TIRED when we were done.  A couple of mistakes I made:  First, I didn't bring water with me.  I don't know why.  I really just didn't think about it.  I was PARCHED by the time we were done.  Second mistake, I did't wear good supportive shoes.  I didn't know when I left the house this morning that we were going door-to-door, so I wore shoes that would be fine for sitting at the mall.  On a positive note, though my feet hurt, I didn't have any problems with my knees!  I'll chalk that up as an NSV!  

After we came home, I ate a quick bite, changed shoes and we went grocery shopping.  That's always a good 1-2 hours for us.  After it's all said and done, I'm tired, but I can walk.  I promise you that the situation wouldn't have been the same this time last year.  I probably couldn't have even finished the neighborhood.  Only real negative I've noticed this evening is that a few times I'm light headed when going from sitting to standing.  I really believe it's due to dehydration which could also be effecting my BP.  Blood sugars may be off a bit too since I didn't plan well for being gone most of the day.  Regardless, I'm not in pain tonight!  I'll take that.

I'm so thankful that God has given me this tool for a healthier life!  

PS - if you want Boy Scout Popcorn, let me know!  
________________________________________________
"I praise you [God] because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." ~Psalm 139:14

1 comment:

  1. Awesome news! Have you checked your electrolytes lately? They could be off & causing the dizzy spell.

    Oh and I'm joining the Y this week!!!

    ReplyDelete