A-Weigh We Go

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Saturday, November 10, 2012

Missy and the 5ks

My friend, Missy, has been such an encouragement to me.  Our friendship started because of some similar circumstances, but life has changed and so has the reason we remain friends.  Missy is the reason I started walking in 5k races.  She's been my walking partner and the one who keeps me interested in exercise.  Today, we walked in the Warhol'n It! 5K to benefit our local museum.  Perfect weather (though the wind surely made us slower than we otherwise would have been!) and great company.  My chip didn't register, so I don't have my official time, but the app on Missy's phone showed us completing each mile in an average of 13:39 minutes.  No, we're not speed demons (blame the wind), but each time we've walked, we've increased our pace and that's perfectly fine by me!

What I know about Missy is that her goal in life is to be a positive influence on people.  She has definitely been one in my life.  I'm so incredibly blessed that God placed her in my life!


Warhol'n It!
Museum 5K girls!

What's wrong with this picture???  These were the "refreshments" after the 5K walk.  Yes, they had fruit too...but really?!?!
Fail!!


________________________________________________
"I praise you [God] because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." ~Psalm 139:14

1 comment:

  1. Those paintings look quite drab compared to those beautiful ladies.

    ReplyDelete