A-Weigh We Go

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Sunday, November 4, 2012

Slee-ee-ee-py!

Sleepy.  That's the best term to describe this past week.  All week long I felt as if I could fall asleep any time... any where.  (And occasionally I did! - Sorry CME!) True, the week before was a busy and emotionally stressful week between work and a quick trip, but the overwhelming sleepiness I was experiencing was r.i.d.i.c.u.l.o.u.s!!!

Friday evening, I even passed up spending time with the International Students - a time I usually look forward to.  But truthfully, all I could think about was going home from work to take a nap.  So that's what I did.  I fell asleep around 6:15 and woke up at nearly 9:00pm!  I was awake for a couple hours and by 11:00 I was back in bed and fast asleep.  I even slept in until 9:00am on Saturday!  I finally felt somewhat rested.  Spent the rest of the day running around with CME.  Signed up for a 5k for next weekend, went back to the consignment shop because I needed some pants that fit!  (NSV - bought size 14 jeans.  Don't tell CME, but I think one pair might even be a bit too big...just a little!)  Went from consignment shopping to grocery shopping to a little bit of CHRISTmas shopping.  Then, last night my daughter, son-in-law, and g-baby came over for dinner and board games.  So, my day was FULL.

This morning, thanks to the time change and early sunrise, I was awake by...oh gosh, I don't even know the time, just that it was before I was wanting to be awake! Spent time worshipping God this morning, came home to another close, but good win by the Colts (Go Blue!), finished a few things around the house, fixed dinner and here it is...8 o'clock at night...and I feel like I could go to bed now!  UGH!

Luckily, I do have a doctor's appointment on Wednesday and will get the results of my lab work.  I'm hoping there's some indication in there as to why I'm soooooo sleepy!  Not that I want anything to come back wrong, but if there was a way to know for sure what's going on with my body, that would be awesome.  I was talking with my mother-in-law yesterday and she said something to the effect that if we listen to our bodies, they usually tell us when something's amiss.  I think she's right.  And though I'm still learning to listen to my body, I know this is not normal.  So between the lightheadedness and this latest bout of fatigue, it will be interesting to talk to the doctor this week.  I'm not worried in any shape of the word; I just want to feel 100% one hundred percent of the time!

Regardless of these minor issues, I know that God is in control of my journey and He will guide me through all the little things...as long as I let Him!
________________________________________________
"I praise you [God] because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." ~Psalm 139:14

No comments:

Post a Comment