A-Weigh We Go

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Hello December!

I can't believe it's December already.  Really, I can't!  A full week into the month already and I don't even know how the past 7 months have gone by so quickly.  I can only imagine how quickly this month is going to go considering how busy it will be.  I need to consciously choose to slow down and enjoy the CHRISTmas season, otherwise it will blow past me almost unnoticed...

Anyway, let me see if I can give a few quick updates.  (Okay, so this may not be quick...we will see!)

After the sports bra mishap, I did go buy a new one.  Tried it out this week and I can say that "the girls" didn't even try to escape.  That'll teach 'em!  I also must admit that I am not liking the running thing at all.  I think I used the word "loathe" in describing it to Missy.  For any of you who are runners...good for you!  I still plan on jogging to the best of my ability on Saturday - my son deserves my effort especially since we really had to encourage him to run cross country.  Please pray that I go into it with a positive mind and not dreading it and grudgingly doing it like I'm thinking as I type this.

I also purchased new underwear.  (Sorry if that's TMI too!)  I really didn't know what size to get, so I guessed.  When I got home, I pulled them out of the package and looked at them with the 'there is no way I'll ever fit into those!' look.  CME and I cracked up!!  Now, their elasticity helps, I'm sure, but they fit! They fit well, actually.  And they are a fraction of the pair I pulled out from the dresser to compare them with.  Honest!!  If I didn't think that guys read this blog, I'd probably even post a picture of the comparison...but that's way out of my comfort zone for mixed company!

I had lunch this past week with a friend from my past.  We hadn't seen each other in a couple of years.  She had no idea I had gastric bypass surgery.  When she entered the restaurant, I had to get up to greet her because she had no idea who I was.  It was GREAT!  She is still the positive and encouraging friend that I knew back when.  We got to catch up on a lot and I was able to share how this journey is more than weight loss for me, but that it is a transformation inside and out that God is orchestrating.  She reminded me of something I said to her probably close to 20 years ago.  I had left a Weight Watchers meeting and told her one of the things that was shared: What I sneak and eat today, the world will see tomorrow.  I couldn't believe she remembered that, because I had obviously forgotten it over the years!  Regardless, she was so happy for me and so encouraging.  Love that lady!

Oh yeah, I had forgotten to blog about this experience, but since I want this blog to be about all aspects of this, I need to confess that some habits die hard.  A couple of weekends ago, I was home alone.  Working from home actually.  MULTIPLE times that day I found myself wandering into the kitchen, opening the refrigerator repeatedly; looking around and closing it.  Probably the sixth or seventh time I did that it hit me.  "WHAT ON EARTH ARE YOU DOING?  YOU'RE NOT HUNGRY!  GET OUT OF THE KITCHEN!"  Now the good thing is that we hadn't been to the grocery store yet and there was nothing healthy for me to snack on so I didn't eat anything.  That alone is a victory, but what if there had been something I could eat?  I would have been grazing...even if it's healthy food, grazing is NOT a healthy habit.  I had fallen prey to one of those "trigger" situations from my past.  Alone. Bored.  I am so grateful that I did finally realize the pattern.  It serves as a good reminder that I still don't have this whole thing conquered.  I will have to be aware at all times.  

Shrimp.  It's something that I never really ate.  It's now something I'm searching for when eating out.  CME and I had a date night and went to Applebee's.  I have decided that I really like their grilled jalapeno-lime shrimp from their Weight Watchers menu.  I didn't eat the rice (still don't like to fill up on rice when the other really yummy stuff is better for me anyway!) and had about 1/2 cup of the shrimp and the leftovers for lunch the next day.  I like shrimp.  Who'da thunk it?

Those are my updates for now.  Now, needing to put that whole "slow down and enjoy the season" thought into action because after all Jesus is the reason for the season and so deserves all my attention.  Hoping you can enjoy this CHRISTmas season as well!



________________________________________________
"I praise you [God] because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." ~Psalm 139:14

No comments:

Post a Comment