A-Weigh We Go

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Not Caving to the Craving

I've not had any kind of unhealthy craving in a year!  Why now!?!?!

I texted CME yesterday that I was having a chocolate craving.  Seriously.  I. wanted. chocolate.  Today, it's not necessarily chocolate, but I've felt physically hungry, or at least "snacky" most of the day...or at minimum the thought occurred to me multiple times that I was hungry.  And those thoughts have been challenging.  I'm happy to report that I've overcome the challenge (today) without caving, but my gosh!!  I even went to the store (which is a "trigger place" for me if you remember) and didn't buy anything to snack on.  That alone is worth celebrating.  I've mentioned this a couple of times before, but surgery does not fix habits and does not cure food addiction.  We will still face those same cravings and temptations; we must learn to be aware and to handle those old vices that we face.  We must.

So tonight, I celebrate the NSV of not caving to the cravings!
________________________________________________
"I praise you [God] because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." ~Psalm 139:14

No comments:

Post a Comment