A-Weigh We Go

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Change of Seasons

Yes, it's that time of year... the time when the season changes... the time when the leaves start to turn and the air gets crisp.  It's my favorite season.  Its time for sweatshirts and bonfires and football!  I must admit, I absolutely love Pumpkin Season....err... Fall!



Seriously though pumpkin flavored everything is upon us!  Everything from pumpkin spice latte's to pumpkin muffins, pumpkin cookies, pumpkin soup, pumpkin shakes... everywhere I look there's pumpkin something!  And it's a weakness of mine.  I did find some pumpkin English muffins which aren't so bad for you...even have decent protein.  Add a small amount (I mean small!) of the pumpkin cream cheese... and yeah, a good mid-day snack.  Less calories than a protein bar I was having and only 2 grams less protein. I will have pumpkin foods...I will just be sure to pick those that are healthy!  I've also been trying this little trick... I bought some pumpkin spice coffee (grounds) and I'm using it like my sweet-tooth satisfier.  I start craving something sweet, I have pumpkin flavored coffee... with splenda and sugar free Italian sweet cream.  The flavor is fine and the calories are a whole lot less than any of the other aforementioned pumpkin goodies.  I have had a Starbucks pumpkin spice late with skim milk / no whip... twice since they've become available.  They're mighty good.  I am, however, intentionally avoiding Culver's Pumpkin Shakes!  CME almost stopped there tonight while we were out, but he passed up the opportunity.  YAY!  :)

As far as the stinkin' thinkin' I had going on... I'm going to sum it up as a "funk" and say that it's getting better.  Still starting every morning choosing Jesus over food, and it seems to be setting my brain in the right mood.  Not that I'm surprised by that.  Still have some self-image issues, but as one of my internet/blog friends (Deniz) reminded me, the extra skin and all that goes with it is a mark of success.  Thanks for those words of encouragement, dear one!

Okay...off to pick up my boys and drive right past that Culver's marquee advertising those disgusting, nasty, oh-so-bad for you pumpkin shakes!  Thank God for seasons!  Thank God for pumpkin!  And thank God for His strength when I'm weak!



________________________________________________
"I praise you [God] because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." ~Psalm 139:14

No comments:

Post a Comment