A-Weigh We Go

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Saturday, December 14, 2013

I Love Those J.I.N.G.L.E. Bells

Is that little tune stuck in your head now?  I guess that's better than what's been stuck in my head all day! Picture the tune of "America" from West Side Story, but change the words, to "Jingle Bell, Jingle Bell, Jin-gle. Bell. Jingle Bell, Jingle Bell, Jin-gle. Bell"  over and over again! Yeah, that's what I was singing and humming and making the bells on my shoes dance to! CME even said, "Really dear?  West Side Story?" and then later said, "I wish I could have videoed that!"  LoL

Anyway, for whatever reason, I was really happy to be up and getting ready for the Jingle Bell Run 5K this morning.  Maybe it was the festive CHRISTmas socks I picked up at Target last night, or maybe it was that both my first born and my baby were both joining me for this race. It definitely wasn't the 37 degree rainy weather, that's for sure! No matter the reason, I truly was excited for today.  

The crowd wasn't as large as last year...I'm sure the weather had a lot to do with it, but I'm truly glad we participated.  I saw a couple of the kids there who are stricken with this horrible disease.  It's hard, you know.  To look at these kids and not "see" anything wrong with them, but know that every single morning is a struggle to get out of bed for these young ones... literally...they need assistance to get out of bed... to warm up their joints and become mobile.  That not a day goes by that they're not in pain of some sort. So the rain and cold weather didn't bother me at all; my life is good!  

Due to the weather we've had the past week, they did have to re-route part of the race which in turn shortened it by 1/2 mile.  Not complaining about that either.  Just had to go back to see what my pace time was from the last two races to get a good comparison.  Know what?  It was awesome!  Not meaning to brag, but my pace was my fastest yet...take a look for yourself!

Toulouse-Lautrekkin' (Evansville Museum 5K) - pace: 13:59

Turkey Day 5K - pace: 14:40
Jingle Bell Run - pace: 11:35!!!

Yeah, I'm stoked about that!!  I'm also proud of my daughter and son who joined in on the fun.  My son hasn't run since last Jingle Bell Run - and I think he could tell.  I'm hoping this is the start of some good healthy family activities...now to get CME and our oldest son to run these too... Hmmm...

Early morning!

Aren't my socks cute?!

With "Biggest" and "Littlest" as they call each other.


Finish Line!!!

________________________________________________
"I praise you [God] because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." ~Psalm 139:14

No comments:

Post a Comment