A-Weigh We Go

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Thursday, December 19, 2013

Stop Being a Bully

I ran across this "commercial" earlier today totally by accident; though I don't believe in coincidences.  LCSW would refer to this kind of thing as "stinkin' thinkin'" but Kellogg's just puts it out there with the term "fat talk." 93% of women fat talk.  93%!  That's a staggering statistic!  

One line REALLY resonated with me and it was something like this, "I didn't realize how bad it was; it's like you're bullying yourself."  You are!  Now stop it!  You'd never say that to someone else! 

No matter where you are in your journey - or even if you're not on a weight loss journey - I pray that everyone (female OR male) who watches this video sees how damaging words can be... especially when we say them to ourselves.  Stop being a bully!!  Shut down fat talk!  You are fearfully and wonderfully made! NEVER forget that!


________________________________________________
"I praise you [God] because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." ~Psalm 139:14

No comments:

Post a Comment