A-Weigh We Go

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Tuesday, December 24, 2013

You are Loved

I've been trying to figure out what to post for such a joyous occasion.  I don't think I've ever concealed the fact that I am a follower of Jesus and it's through His strength I've been able to walk this weightloss journey.  But that is just a minuscule fact in comparison to the true celebration of who He is.

Last night, as I was sitting in a quiet house only lit by the lights on our Christmas tree, I was thinking about how much God loves us.  How He longs for us to know Him intimately and to spend eternity with Him.  But our God is a holy God and cannot be with unholy people.  So what did He do to solve this issue?  He sent Jesus!  Jesus was perfect.  He never sinned and He was sent to be the holy bridge between man and God.  What kind of love is that?!  That is the most beautiful love ever possible.  Jesus came to sanctify us and to reunite us with God for all eternity!  He loves us that much!!!  That is the biggest reason to celebrate...especially this season! 

The prophet Isaiah foretold of this event.  In Isaiah 9:6, he said, "For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace."  Seven hundred years before Jesus was born, God was planning for us...for you and for me...to be part of his family.  Yes, this is the true celebration.  The celebration of the Lord, Jesus Christ!  

I'm thankful today that God loves us so much; thankful that He sent His Son to this world; that we may be made pure through His unselfish sacrifice.  

May you enjoy the celebration of the King of kings, and Lord of lords during this CHRISTmas season!



PS - You're invited to the celebration too!  Click here for your invitation:  You're Invited

________________________________________________
"I praise you [God] because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." ~Psalm 139:14

No comments:

Post a Comment