A-Weigh We Go

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Saturday, June 9, 2012

It's Been 6 Months

Six months ago I began this journey.  Six months ago.  It doesn't seem like it's been that long, really.  It seems more like a month.  Yet, I'm just over a month post-op already.  Time goes by so quickly!


My last post was still a bit on the downer side, even with celebrating those 8 little words my son said to me.  Being blessed with such amazing friends, I was enlightened to some thoughts and truths that one friend shared with me this morning.  I was able to pray for some very specific things - one being against the spirit of depression that may be (probably is) around me.  Sometimes I forget to pray for some of the most important things!  I am so glad God has put incredible women in my life to remind me.  (Thanks C!)


Another realization I had this evening made me really feel kind of silly for complaining about "slow" weight loss.  I have lost the same amount of weight in the past month as I did in the first four months of the year.  It puts "slow" into perspective for me.  I needed that eye-opener.


Tonight I had CME take updated pictures.  I'm not sure if you can tell any difference since the clothes aren't the same, but here are pics from February side by side with the pics from tonight. 


Fighting like a Girl!

Hair still looks better - though many need a touch up!

I can see the difference the most in this one.

My amazing CME!

Again - humoring CME!

_______________________________________________
"I praise you [God] because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." ~Psalm 139:14

2 comments:

  1. Love your heart, Deedra! You are such a beautiful & special gift from God-inside & out. I love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see a difference, especially in your smile!

    ReplyDelete