A-Weigh We Go

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Hodge Podge

I'm not sure what's going to come off the tip of my fingers right now, but figured it'd been a while since I blogged so I better get something down.


It's been a quiet week around our home.  The boys are on a mission trip right now (will be home tomorrow) so we've not really done any cooking.  Interestingly enough, we've not really eaten out either.  Well, we did one night, but it could be a lot worse.  We went to J. Gumbo's for dinner last night.  I like being able to order a kid's size and tell them, "I'll need a to go cup too, please."  Plus I tell them to leave off the rice.  I had the Voodoo Chicken mixed with Creole Ratatouille.  The spicy chicken was "slightly" tamed by the ratatouille.  It was yummy!  I've got to remember to take my measuring cups though!  I'm pretty sure I didn't over eat - I'm actually wondering if I got in my full 3oz.  -shrug-  Regardless, it was tasty!


I'm still trying to avoid the scales - to limit the weight check to once a week.  It's hard though.  I want to see a number to measure my progress by, yet I know that the progress is not always going to show there.  This part of it is probably the hardest bad habit to break - obsessing over a number.  Still working on that.


I put our family's registrations for the July 4th 5K in the mail today!  My oldest daughter and g-baby and our boys will join me and my friend for this one!  CME was going to walk it too, but he's got to work on 7/3 and won't get off in time for the race on 7/4.  Kinda bummed about that, but there are a lot more walks happening. I really do hope I'm starting a new activity and habit for our family.  I want us ALL to be healthy!


I'm excited for this weekend.  We're going to be visiting family for CME's Grampa's 80th bday!  We'll get to spend a little extra time with the family which will be nice.  It will be my first road trip since surgery so figuring out how to get in all my water and protein may be a bit of a challenge.  I don't want to have to stop for potty breaks every 30 minutes!


I have to chuckle a little bit.  On more than one occasion I've had a meal with various friends.  Almost always they say something like, "I feel bad eating in front of you."  My response usually is something like, "It's okay...I'm eating too!"  I know what they mean, but it's funny.  I really don't feel like I'm missing out on food.  As a matter of fact, last Saturday after the 5K...I really did truly forget to eat lunch!  I napped which was awesome, but I forgot to eat!  I use to scoff at people when they'd say, "Oh!  I forgot to eat..."  Like yeah...right.  Who forgets to eat????  Ummm...I do.  I know I am not suppose to skip meals and it definitely wasn't intentional.  I just truly forgot - and wasn't hungry to be reminded.  I think that "don't feel hungry" part is kicking in now.  


I started removing even more clothes from my closet.  I found a couple pair of pants that I'll be able to wear for a little while, though they're already big on me.  Some of my favorite shirts are going.  Shirts hanging cause a problem...one slight wrong move (like bending over to tie a shoe or get a file from a bottom drawer) can cause those around me to see WAY more than they ever bargained for.  Neck holes are unforgiving.  Just sayin...


Had a little bit of an emotional breakdown on Tuesday night.  I got past it (by sometime Wednesday) even more determined.  More determined to win this battle.  Not just losing the weight, but getting healthy and being committed to a healthy lifestyle.  I may have had commitment issues in past (like never sticking with an exercise program or diet long term), but I have made one of the biggest commitments in my life and there's no going back.  With Christ as my Rock, there is nothing I cannot do...including this journey!!




________________________________________________
"I praise you [God] because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." ~Psalm 139:14

No comments:

Post a Comment