A-Weigh We Go

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Saturday, August 4, 2012

Another NSV!

Yep...had one today!  My friend Missy and I finished another 5k!  Though the temp was only in the mid-upper 80s...it was HUMID and it felt like 100!  That being said, according to the app on her phone, we walked slightly farther than a 5k (3.28 miles) in 52:41 minutes...or an average of 16:02 mins per mile / 3.74 miles per hour.  I went back and compared it to the last two 5k races I've walked and the difference is phenomenal!  I suppose I should wait for the "official" race results, but I don't care what they say.  I'm going by what's on the app (because the proof is in the pictures!).  


My 5k Race Results:
June 21 - finished in 1:01:24 - avg 19:45 min/mile - 3.03 mph
July 4 - finished in 56:31 - avg 18:11 min/mile - 3.29 mph
Aug 4 - finished in 52:41 - avg 16:02 min/mile (3.28 miles) - 3.74 mph
Update: Official time from the Y:  52:28 - avg 16:53 min/mile - 3.55 mph


Sure, the official results will be slightly different, but even if they are I'm sure I've taken at least another minute per mile off my speed!  That, my friends, is a huge NSV!!!


One of the best parts about this is that I've got friends like Missy who walk with me.  I'm sure her pace by herself would be quicker, but she stays back with me and is an encouragement the whole time.  She doesn't make me feel like I'm holding her back and she makes sure I'm doing well.  Missy is a  blessing from God ...how are paths crossed is crazy, but I am sooooooo  thankful they did!


Here's to another NSV and here's to friends like Missy!!!!






________________________________________________
"I praise you [God] because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." ~Psalm 139:14

No comments:

Post a Comment