A-Weigh We Go

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Global Leadership Summit

It's been a busy few days!  Busy isn't bad by any means, but whew! 

Thursday and Friday I was blessed to take part in the Global Leadership Summit.  It was an inspiring, power-packed two days.  It's hard to answer in a very short time, "How was the Summit?"  It's almost like when returning from a life-changing mission trip and trying to compact it into a 30 second response.  What do you say past, "It was great!"  or "There were a lot of really good things that were discussed."  Heck, even after a 2.5 hour "debrief" today with others that were in attendance, I'm still really trying to process a lot of it myself.  So, if I were to boil it down for the purposes of this specific weight loss journey, a few of take aways I have are (these apply to other areas of my life as well, but for this story this is how I see them):

  • Everyone wins when a leader gets better. - Bill Hybels.  For me, as one of the 'leaders' of our home, as I get better in making healthy choices for me I pray that my children "win" from that.  That they, too, will recognize healthy/unhealthy (physically, spiritually and emotionally) and strive to make the right choice every time.  They'll learn from example not just "talk".
  • You need truth tellers around you. - Condoleeza Rice.  For me, my truth tellers are the friends that God has so beautifully placed in my life. The ones who can "call me out" on the negativity they hear from my posts.  The ones that can tell me that God would never call me a loser or to tell me they feel that I am surrounded by a spirit of depression.  Those are things my friends do and without them in my life, this journey would be so difficult!  I truly am blessed with great friends!
  • The signature of mediocrity is chronic inconsistency. - Jim Collins.  I have led a mediocre health-wise life.  There was never a consistent effort on my part to get healthy.  Mediocrity and I were best friends.
  • Authenticity trumps cool. - Craig Groeschel.  This speaks a lot to me mainly because I see the word "authentic" very much as I see "transparent".  This blog is authentic.  My true feelings about this journey, my struggles as well as my successes which are through God alone!  I'll pick authentic over cool any day of the week!
There are a ton more things I could put here, but this is just a glimpse of where a Leadership Summit can be applied to the journey God has me on right now.  I'm thankful for the opportunity to be part of this event and know God will use it to strengthen me as I continue down this path!
________________________________________________
"I praise you [God] because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." ~Psalm 139:14

No comments:

Post a Comment