A-Weigh We Go

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Sunday, August 26, 2012

What's Up With That?

A couple of different times this week I've had some issues with my digestive tract.  Nothing to call the doctor about, but let's just say that I've spent a lot of time in the bathroom.  I just went back and looked to see if I could pinpoint anything different in my diet that might have triggered some of it - but I'm still not seeing anything consistently.  I even checked my sugar intake again to make sure it wasn't Dumping Syndrome.  The sugars were fine and it doesn't appear the symptoms were all there either, so I'm sure it's not that.  The only thing I can say that has necessarily changed is an increase in the amount of protein I'm consuming.  I had noticed that I was only getting about 60-65 g of protein again (I had cut out one protein shake per day) and should be getting at least 80 g of protein per day.  I added the shake back into my diet which gives me the required amount.  I'm still not convinced that has anything to do with it - but maybe??

And all of this leads me to another thought.  (TMI warning!) During my last support group meeting, someone mentioned that their worst side effect of the surgery has been constipation.  I'm told it is a common problem for a lot of patients.  Once again, I thank God that it's not a side effect for me!  My worst side effect is the massive amount of hair I'm losing on a daily basis.  (Another reason I needed to increase my protein.)  Even with that, it's not noticeable to other people - only to me and my hair dresser!  :)
________________________________________________
"I praise you [God] because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." ~Psalm 139:14

1 comment:

  1. My coworker is sick today. She thought that maybe it's the new school year bugs going around. Maybe it's the same with you. Time to clean counter tops, door knobs, boys hands, etc. Shrug. Maybe.

    ReplyDelete