A-Weigh We Go

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Friday, January 4, 2013

First Post of 2013

So how do I want to start the new year on my blog?  How about a really cool story about how God uses some of the strangest ways to connect people?  

Long story, but I was told tonight, by a stranger [at the time], that God has used my blog to help prepare them for their upcoming surgery.  What an encouragement that was to me!  This person happens to be having surgery next week through the same bariatric center and surgeon that I used and stumbled across my blog from the weight loss surgery forum that I frequent.  So here you have a "local" person find me through the world wide web.  Coincidence?  Oh wait, I don't believe in those...  ;-)

Upon their request, I called this person and we were able to discuss a few questions that were still looming in their mind.  I so remember where my brain was the week before surgery.  I remember just wanting to talk and talk and talk.  (Yes, those that know me know I like to talk anyway...)  I remember the emotions.  I remember the excitement and anticipation.  By the end of our conversation, we had prayed and I let this person know that if they have questions, now or after, that I am just a phone call or text away.  I know the surgery date...and time... (and facility).  I know the surgeon.  And now, I know the person.  They will continue to be in my prayers and at surgery time I will be lifting them all before God.

How on earth does a forty-five minute conversation start with, "Hi.  Is this <person>?  Hi.  This is Deedra..."  then end with, "I love you."?  It's because God connects people...through ways we may never even imagine...and He gives us a love for others that is beyond comprehension!
________________________________________________
"I praise you [God] because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." ~Psalm 139:14

4 comments:

  1. I love the way God uses people in our lives. A word here. A kind act there. A blog!! Words from across the sea (I'm in Australia).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recently found your blog through (probably) the same weight loss surgery forum. I have read it from beginning to end. I am also using the same center as you and cant tell you how much encouragement, hope, and comfort this blog has given me in helping me make the decision to do the surgery. I have my first appt on 8/12/15!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kelly!

      It's good to hear from you. This is my 'outlet' but I am always humbled if I can encourage others through it. Sounds like you've made your decision...GOOD FOR YOU! Be mindful of each step. Follow the plan - even the stuff that's boring! It's so important for the long-haul!

      If you ever want to talk or have ANY questions, please don't hesitate to contact me and we can chat! My email is IamDeedra@gmail.com.

      Blessings!

      Delete