A-Weigh We Go

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

PCP and the "Girls"

"Wow!"  

That's what I heard yesterday when my PCP walked into the room for my annual physical.  She looked at me and said, "How long has it been since I last saw you?"  One year ago, she gave me the "thumbs up" for the surgery.  She was thrilled at how well I've done in such a short time.  Again, that puts those days of where I felt like it was going soooo slow into perspective.  It was fun to listen to her remove conditions from my chart:
No longer obese.
No longer hypertensive.  (BP was 98/68.)
No longer on anxiety meds.
No longer needing Tylenol on a regular basis for my knees.
She went on to discuss that this time last year I was 124 lbs. heavier.  She did let me know that my BMI is still a little higher than it should be (27 according to her charts) but that last year it was 47!  Forty. Seven.  Wow!  We talked a little about the "shrinkles" and she said that she knew a few really good plastic surgeons in town, but that she can't document any medical necessity at this point, so she's not sure that insurance would cover it.  (bummer!)  Other than that, I got a "good job" and see you in a year.  I left the office with a smile on my face and an order for my annual mammogram.

So this morning started with a 6:45am appointment for that VERY IMPORTANT (really ladies...do it!) yet uncomfortable procedure.  As I was completing the paperwork, I heard the ladies behind the desk discussing the video America's Crazy Obesity Problem that I actually blogged about last year.  (Read that entry here.) I still cringe thinking about part of that being filmed right here.  It makes me sad to this day.  Anyway, I didn't realize that I'd still be as self-conscious about this procedure as I was last time.  The reasons were a bit different though.  In past, my extra 100+ pounds made me self conscious this time, the deflated girls were the issue.  And by issue, I mean that the tech had to take two extra films of the right size because of the "wrinkle" that was in the way.  UGH!  

Even with the reminder of the video and the inconvenient shrinkles, I wouldn't change this journey at all.  God has given me a tool that actually is working for me.  For that, I am thankful!!!
________________________________________________
"I praise you [God] because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." ~Psalm 139:14

No comments:

Post a Comment