A-Weigh We Go

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Sunday, January 20, 2013

It's Relative

"Are you at your goal weight?"  "How much more weight do you think you'll lose?" "You're losing too much weight." "You're so skinny." "Don't lose too much more..."

Lately it seems like those are a lot of the questions and comments that are coming my way from many different people in my life.  I'm not offended by them at all. I know that for the most part it is truly out of concern.  The thing I try to explain to people is that if they didn't know me that they wouldn't think I was skinny.  If we were strangers and they passed me on the street they wouldn't be concerned.  It's a relative term. The perception comes in because they are use to seeing me [morbidly] obese so there is a stark difference.  Though the MD won't give me a goal weight, technically I'm still considered to be overweight.  Only 8.5 months out from surgery I know that I will continue to lose weight for a while.  I don't know how much that will be and I don't know when my body will finally even itself out.  What I do know is that it's important for me to continue to follow the program.  I trust God to walk me through this part of the journey as well.  For Him to take my body to where it needs to be and to give me wisdom when I need it.  And through this I will continue to give Him the glory for continuing to transform me both inside and out!

Below is a glance of the transformation...and why it's all relative.

2006 - at close to my highest weight
(yes, I think I was actually even bigger than this at one point)

January 20, 2013 - not quite half of what I was in 2006

Thank you God for your transforming power!

________________________________________________
"I praise you [God] because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." ~Psalm 139:14

No comments:

Post a Comment