A-Weigh We Go

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Comparison is the Thief of Joy

I ran across this saying recently and wow did it resonate with me.  "Comparison is the Thief of Joy."  I let it sink in a bit and realized that for years I let comparison steal my joy.  I was so busy comparing myself to others that I didn't let the joy God had in store for me fully penetrate my life.  

Even in this journey, I found myself comparing my weight loss, my motivation, and my exercise habits with others or with numbers.  If I look back on some of my posts about slow weight loss, I can see the absence of joy.  I see frustration and agitation that I wasn't losing quick enough.  I would read "success stories" of someone who started out at my weight and how the pounds were just dropping off.  But me?  No!  I had to be the one losing slowly!  I realize that I was too busy letting comparison rob me of the joy of each moment; the fact that I was being transformed inside and out...emotionally and physically.  

So I urge you to stomp that thief into the ground!  Don't let comparison steal your joy!


________________________________________________
"I praise you [God] because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." ~Psalm 139:14

No comments:

Post a Comment