A-Weigh We Go

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Saturday, February 9, 2013

Not Created Equal



Let me start by saying I have an amazing hubby.  What man ever says, "Honey, it's Saturday, the boys are gone, our finances are okay right now, so if you want to go to the consignment shop to get clothes that fit..."  My man does! 

Clothing sizes are NOT created equal!  CME still goes clothes shopping with me because generally he does a better job of finding items that fit me.  It's crazy.  Anyway, my size 10 jeans fit very comfortably now.  My friend even asked me this morning if they were getting too loose.  (I have the best friends too!)  My 12s...yeah..loose.  So I thought I'd see what size I could fit into.  I picked up several pairs of size 8 jeans to give it a try.  Yeah, that was a wee bit too ambitious.  Some got stuck half way up my leg, others made it up, but were no where close to buttoning.  I came home with one pair of never been washed Tommy Hilfiger jeans - size 9 ($4.99) and one pair of Ann Taylor Loft dress pants - size 8 ($2.00).  Truly...can't wrap my brain around those sizes!  

But shirts?  This is where it's so important to not look at the sizes on the tags.  One shirt was a button down size XL.  Yes, I tried it on anyway because it looked small.  I was right.  I tried on Lg and Med and even had one sweater that I tried on that was a Sm.  No wonder we have body image issues!  No wonder we struggle with self confidence!  We get stuck on a size and associate that XL with a negative body image.  Yet today I bought XL, Lg and M shirts.  I left with 7 shirts and 2 pair of pants for less than $60.00.  I love consignment shops!

Pictures below are for CME's benefit...he thought I needed to post some of my bargain finds.

Comfy size 10 jeans - L top
CME:  Lift your arms

Size 10 jeans - L top

Size 8 pants - XL top
 ________________________________________________
"I praise you [God] because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." ~Psalm 139:14

No comments:

Post a Comment