A-Weigh We Go

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Veggies vs Protein

Some days I know I'm not getting in all my protein.  Today is one of those days.  Why?  Because I didn't eat/drink my morning snack and then at lunch I opted to have a yummy spinach salad first and then tried to eat the chicken I had also taken.  The salad was sooooo tasty though!  

I think that I miss eating the fresh veggies.  Though I do occasionally have some, I almost always eat the protein first because that's what we're suppose to do and then I am too full to eat the vegetables.  But today, I chose to eat my salad first.  And I'm okay with that.

I only got in about 51g of protein today - about 30g short of what I should consume.  Here's what I ate today:

Breakfast:
Omelet made with egg beaters, tomato, spinach, mushrooms and cheddar cheese (10g protein)

(I skipped my "snack" because I truly still felt full.  Should I really make myself eat if I feel full?  Different than not being hungry...)

Lunch:
Spinach Salad with slivered almonds, pineapple, celery and raspberry vinaigrette dressing (<1g protein)
~2oz canned chicken in sun dried tomato sauce (3g protein)

Afternoon snack:
Frozen Protein Shake (15g protein) 
     4 oz vanilla soy milk (2g protein)
     1/2 banana (1g protein)
     1/2 scoop Protizyme Peanut Butter Cookie protein powder (12g protein)

Dinner:  (CME and I finally got to Red Lobster without there being an hour+ wait!)
Wood-fire Grilled Shrimp Bruschetta (no toast) (approx 21g protein)
3/4 cheddar biscuit (<1g protein)

So tomorrow, I must be intentional and get in ALL my 80+ grams of protein that I'm suppose to have per day.  I don't want to make a habit of skipping out on the protein, but the occasional day of choosing veggies first shouldn't hurt.  Right?
________________________________________________
"I praise you [God] because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." ~Psalm 139:14

No comments:

Post a Comment