A-Weigh We Go

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Sunday, February 17, 2013

Wash Your Hands

Our family shares, though it's not always a good thing.  This time, my granddaughter and daughter have shared the lovely stomach bug with me.  We're pretty sure it started with my g-baby.  I got to hang out with her a bit on Thursday (when we think it started).  Then by Friday night, my daughter was extremely sick.  As a mom, I tried my best to encourage her to stay home from work on Saturday morning so as not to spread her sickness, but one of the things I've also tried to do is encourage a strong work ethic in my kids.  She went to work and I had my sweet g-baby all day Saturday.  Daughter wound up getting sent home because of vomiting there.  But I thought I'd keep my g-baby to let my daughter try to get some rest.  She wasn't bad, but she was definitely fussy for her and she wouldn't eat or take a bottle.  That night she had more very messy diapers (from what my daughter told me).  By late Saturday afternoon, my GI tract wasn't too happy with me, but I was really hoping it was just my body being finicky.  Wrong.  I feel blessed that I haven't vomited like my daughter, but other than that, I feel like complete and utter poo!  (no pun intended)  Can't stay out of the bathroom, but am trying to drink water to keep hydrated.  I've not eaten anything today (it's 4:30pm now) and not sure if I'm going to be able to.  I know the main thing is to keep fluids in me.  Dehydration is not good.

On a different note, did you know that if you take Pepto Bismal and then go to sleep that you most definitely can wake up with a black hairy tongue???  No? I didn't either, but during my first bathroom trip of the morning (4:11am) my mouth was so dry and tasted so bad that I brushed my teeth and when I noticed black toothpaste in the sink I was totally confused like...what in the world?!  Yeah...it was from the Pepto...it was nasty looking, but luckily isn't anything to worry about. Oh what a day!  

Yes, it's the season, and we all need to do what we can to try to keep this contained.  So people don't forget...  


________________________________________________
"I praise you [God] because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." ~Psalm 139:14

No comments:

Post a Comment