A-Weigh We Go

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Saturday, February 2, 2013

My New Addiction

Through the forum I visit and other people, I've heard the term "transfer addiction" multiple times.  (That's a different post for a different time.) Though I don't think that what I have is that at all.  My new addiction isn't drinking or gambling or shopping (though I do have my favorite resell shop!).  My new addiction is shrimp.

Before surgery, I could probably count on one hand the number of times that I had shrimp in a year.  And now?  I crave the stuff!  I'm constantly looking at new recipes, and truly feel like I could eat shrimp every single day.  We're told that our tastes "may" change after surgery and I'm still not sure why, but I think there is some truth in that.  My mother-in-law, knowing my love for all things shrimp, sent me a link to Banging Grilled Shrimp Skewers.  Our grill doesn't work right now, so I was a bit bummed.  BUT, as luck has it, this same website had a recipe for Banging Good Shrimp that's sauteed.  Another super-simple recipe with my favorite ingredient?  Yes, please!  So this evening, CME and I fixed this yummy dish with some Thai stir fry veggies.  Oh...ours was a bit spicier than what it probably should have been because CME added 3x the Srirachi sauce.  (We like spicy...and even if this was by mistake, it was still really good!)

I'm okay with my new addiction.  High protein, low cal and the family loves it too.  Win/win!

Sauteing the shrimp in a little bit of coconut oil. 

Veggies cookin...

Coating the shrimp in the banging sauce!

CME's dinner.

This is not staged.  Not at all.  ;-)

________________________________________________
"I praise you [God] because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." ~Psalm 139:14

2 comments:

  1. I'm addicted to shrimp too, so I had to try the recipes you just shared. Grilling shrimp is a little tricky because it becomes tough if you overcook it. I've made some adjustments to the grilled recipe – opting to use some dry Cajun spices on the shrimp instead of just pepper. I have to say, it was really good. Thanks again for sharing, Deedra!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mmmm! Cajun spice is a VERY good idea! Glad you enjoyed!

      Delete