6-8 tilapia fillets
1/4 cup water
1/3 cup cornstarch
2 cups coconut flakes
1/2 teaspoon curry powder
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon paprika
Peanut Sauce (this is the modified version using PB2)
2 tablespoons PB2 (reconstituted with water)
3 tablespoons curry sauce
2 teaspoons minced garlic
1/4 teaspoon lime juice
1/4 teaspoon red chili pepper flakes
1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
1 pinch ginger
1 pinch sage
1/2 teaspoon brown sugar Splenda
- Coat baking dish with either cooking spray or coconut oil so the fish doesn't stick to the dish. (I used coconut oil)
- In a wide bowl/container, mix coconut flakes, curry powder, garlic powder and paprika (set aside)
- In a small bowl, mix egg, water and corn starch
- Dip the tilapia fillets in the egg mixture.
- Coat the fillets thoroughly with the coconut flake mixture - especially along the top.
- Once all fillets are in place, spread remaining coconut flakes on top and then drizzle any remaining egg mixture over the fillets.
- Bake the tilapia fillets at 350 degrees for 12-14 minutes (until the fish is fully white and flaky)
- While tilapia is baking, make the peanut sauce. Mix all of the ingredients listed above. Vary ingredient amounts based on your tastes.
- Once fillets are ready, broil them just a few minutes until the coconut turns golden.
- Serve the fillets on a plate with the peanut sauce on the side. (We put ours directly on the fish!)
"I praise you [God] because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." ~Psalm 139:14