A-Weigh We Go

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Saturday, March 2, 2013

Saturday NSV

It's been a very long day.  I forgot how tiresome it is to help friends move.  Our day started by me fixing a pretty tasty breakfast for the family (if I do say so myself) of miniature baked egg omelets.  I didn't take a picture, but CME said it was definitely picture worthy.  Super simple using a sprayed muffin pan, thin-sliced deli ham used like pan liners, onions, tomato and cheese, then egg beaters and a dash of coarse black pepper and sea salt.  Baked them at 400 for 25 minutes, served with a side of banana and voila!  Yummy!!

CME, the boys and I arrived at my friend's house a little before 10am. and wow was there a lot to be done. I am so proud of how the boys kept moving and worked really REALLY hard today.  Lifting, carrying, helping.  Whatever it was they needed to do, they did it.  My NSV came in to play when I realized that I went up and down the basement steps repeatedly (no clue how many times, but would say at least a couple dozen is not an exaggeration between the two homes) with no pain in my knees and no huffing and puffing!  I know it doesn't count necessarily as "exercise" but yeah...I claim the victory of the moment!  I was carrying boxes that some of the other women deemed too heavy for them.  Though they were worried that they were too heavy for me, truly it was a non issue.  This same time last year, I could have never been the help that my friend needed!  This is another way God is using this journey - to help me be healthy so that I can help others!  We had to leave at 3pm to get the boys off to a Scout event even though the move wasn't completed yet - it really has been a long day!

To top it off, our youngest son was wearing a pair of jeans that we bought him last summer.  I had to repeatedly remind him to pull them up because I could nearly see his (underwear covered) butt cheeks!  It's another NSV of sorts for me...that our whole family seems to be getting healthier!  Win/win!!

Now off to other friends' for a Saladmaster dinner show.  I know CME is tired and sore.  I so appreciate him and his willingness to help friends...no matter what the event!
________________________________________________
"I praise you [God] because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." ~Psalm 139:14

No comments:

Post a Comment