A-Weigh We Go

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Monday, April 16, 2012

Chocolate Truffle? Yes, Please

I know that after a while, the sweetness of the protein shakes will get old.  I learned that back in 1990-91 when I had nothing but sweet shakes on the Optifast porgram.  You know, the one that Oprah did and got down super-skinny only to gain all her weight back plus some.  Yes, I did that too.  Three months of nothing but meal replacement shakes.  Three long months where I craved something salty so bad that I would place a chip on my tongue and let it get soggy just to get the salt taste.  I'd promptly spit it out, of course, so I wouldn't be out of ketosis at my next appointment.  (Diets suck the brain cells right out of your head some times!)


That being said, it's still kind of nice to find protein supplements that I like.  Today, I tried the Nectar Chocolate Truffle with 8 oz of the light Silk vanilla soy milk.  Total of 170 calories and 29g of protein.  I used my Rubbermaid bottle to shake it and though it was not frothy at all, it did have clumps which are not pleasant.  The flavor was really good - like a rich creamy chocolate milk.  I'm not a chocolate milk fan, but this was very good.  At this point, I prefer the chocolate truffle over the tropical dreamsicle - but again, I know I'll have to keep the variety going so not to get totally burned out.


CME was a gem and bought me the smaller Blender Bottle today.  I'll give it a try tomorrow to see if it's the whisk action that's making all the froth or if it's the Jay Robb protein that's doing it. Either way, I appreciate the support he's giving me on this journey.  I'm blessed for sure!
________________________________________________
"I praise you [God] because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." ~Psalm 139:14

2 comments:

  1. Love the line: "(Diets suck the brain cells right of your head some times!)" I do enjoy diet shakes at times. What I do is mix it by hand and then put it in a blender and turn it on. Then I add about 5 ice cubes and put that through. And then I get a wine glass (don't drink wine!) and fill it about half full, and then I sip it slowly and enjoy every mouthful. I find them a little sweet, so I always add half a cup of water to the blender. And I always use cold water out of the fridge. Delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the input, Sharon! I'm sure as time progresses I'll begin to add things to mine; fruit, extracts, etc. I like the idea of sipping it from a wine glass - like it's something special!

      Delete