A-Weigh We Go

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

I Won't Do That Again

So I thought I'd mix things up a bit this morning.  One suggestion on the Unjury recipe website was to mix the vanilla protein with coffee for a "rich creamier taste."  Of course, I am trying to do this right so I took my handy-dandy thermometer to work with me, poured my coffee, placed the thermometer in and watched as the temperature topped-out at 130° F.  Noting that it was at the max temp recommended, I decided to let it cool just a tad before adding the protein.  At about 125° F, I slowly added the protein - stirring constantly.  And I stirred and stirred and stirred.  And stirred.  (note - this cooled it off another 5°!)  So once it was finally dissolved, I took my first sip.  BLECH!!!!  I don't care what the website said, vanilla protein powder is not a good substitute for creamer!  Not. at. all.  I even went back and tried to add some creamer to try to make it better... no use.  My coffee was ruined.  I don't think of myself as a coffee expert or coffee snob; I just have a specific taste I like for my coffee and this was not it. 


Now I know...I will not do that again!
________________________________________________
"I praise you [God] because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." ~Psalm 139:14

No comments:

Post a Comment