A-Weigh We Go

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Saturday, April 14, 2012

Little by Little

Decided to go the local The Vitamin Shoppe to see what types of protein supplements they carry.  I lucked out!  They have a full stock of Syntax Nectar products to choose from and if they don't have what I want in stock, then they will order it and I don't have to pay shipping! Win-win!!


So I picked up a few more sample items and this week I will start trying these as well as incorporating some of the other foods (creamed soups, instant mashed potatoes thinned + protein, etc.) into my diet.  I don't want to have to deal with the emotions of tasting a new food/texture along with the emotions of the surgery itself.  I really need to seek out some recipes for the first couple of stages (obviously I'll eat larger portions now than after the surgery) and PREPARE myself at least a little more than I am.  Also, The Vitamin Shoppe had ISOPURE protein beverages.  I tried the grape frost and though it got a better the more I drank it, it's not something I think I'll do all the time.  The manager at the store stressed the importance of not letting it get even a little warm.  He said it's not good at all that way.  So if I'm struggling with the protein shakes, then I could always resort to one of the ISOPURE beverages.  There are 160 calories and 40g of protein in a 20oz bottle.  Not so sure about the calorie count - need to research it a bit more.


Here's what I've got to sample now...


Note the Blender cup - highly recommended by CME and the manager at the store.  Apparently keeps it from being chunky.

Unjury:  unflavored, vanilla, chicken soup, strawberry sorbet, chocolate splendor
Nectar:  chocolate truffle, cappuccino, fuzzy navel, vanilla bean torte
Jay Robb:  strawberry, tropical dreamsicle 


Also, the manager told me that they have a full line of bariatric vitamins by TwinLab.  I'm going to check with MD and Surgeon to get their opinions on this particular brand.  If I can go to one place for all my supplements/vitamin needs, then I'll do it.  I just want to make sure that I am getting exactly what I'm suppose to.  THIS is THAT important!!!  *I* am that important!

If any of you have had experience with these products, have good recipes or ideas, please share those with me.  I'm really getting excited about this next phase, but am a bit anxious about it all too.  Any words of wisdom from others who have gone through RNY gastric bypass is more than welcome!!!

And on another note, the manager had really good things to say about the bariatric center I chose as compared to the other center here.  He knew RD by name and also mentioned that the patients from bariatric center are very well informed when they are seeking out proteins and vitamins.  He said patients from the other center generally do not have as much information/knowledge when they're looking for their supplements.  I really am glad I chose the center I did.  Another confirmation to me that God is guiding me on this journey and placing me where I need to be.

Little by little, I'm getting ready for May 9!
________________________________________________
"I praise you [God] because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." ~Psalm 139:14

No comments:

Post a Comment