A-Weigh We Go

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Miscellany

Our Easter celebration was fabulous!  For some, large gatherings in large venues distracts them or gives them reason to complain about what they didn't like.  For me, it's different.  To be surrounded by thousands (official count was 8566!) of people celebrating THE most important day ever moves me beyond words.  I think of the millions (billions???) of people across the world that either can't publicly celebrate due to the countries in which they live or those who don't know Jesus as their Lord and Savior and I am humbled by the fact that God chose to let me be born in this country...where I can gather with other believers celebrating the Risen King!  The venue means nothing to me...my relationship is with the Lord and I can go into any church/building/hut/arena and still feel the connection between us.  It's a beautiful thing!  


Bonus - I did well eating at the family gathering afterward.  (See post here: Easter Fare)  The weather was absolutely gorgeous and perfect for family time outside.



Yesterday's eating wasn't so good.  I didn't overeat at all.  The problem is I had ONE meal (lunch made from the leftover kabob meats) and then "snacked" off and on the rest of the night.  Snacks included a total of 8 Robin Eggs (you know...the candy coated malted milk balls), a few jelly beans (less than 10, but I don't know the exact number), some (again, didn't measure) sunflower seeds and fresh pineapple.  I know it could have been a lot worse, but it was NOT good.  A bad habit I've yet to break.  Must. Eat. Regular. Meals.   

Made several more phone calls today.  Had to make an appointment for a phone interview with the pre-admission nurse (May 4 @ 7:00am!) and then call to pre-register.  Then I had to contact the company that manages our Short Term Disability / FMLA program at work.  I detest those calls.  Questions like, "What do you do at your job?  Do you lift more than 10lbs.  How long do you expect to be off work?"  I know it's part of their job, but I've dealt with this company before and usually they try to get the patient back to work before the recommended time by the doctor.  I don't know how long I'll be out...2 weeks?  3 weeks?  No clue.  Guess I'll find out soon enough.

Work.  Ugh.  So with the recent downsizing and changes in my position, I realized today that I will have a lot to get use to again.  Things like working holidays (haven't had to do that in over 6 years!) and little flexibility with scheduling due to phone coverage, etc.  Please do not misunderstand.  I am incredibly grateful that I still have a job and the insurance that goes along with it which is allowing this surgery to happen.  It's just a whole lot of change.  I really am trying to keep my focus on 1 Corinthians 10:31 "...whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God."

I still need to order (and begin trying) some other protein supplements.  I know I repeat myself, but I think it's more of a reminder for me of things I need to remember.  Please excuse the repetitiveness.  I need to talk (type) out loud.  I need to talk through all that's going through my head.  I need to be able to process this with people who are willing to listen and give some positive reinforcement.  It's not that I'm scared, but there is some anxiousness about it all.  Talking helps me deal with some of that.  It gives me a chance to let it all sink in.  The more I say/hear it, the more real it becomes for me.  (Which is really an odd concept considering that one negative comment stays with me for decades!)

I thought about the goal weight that *I* set for myself.  The one on the little tracker at the top of my blog.  I wonder how close I am to what my body thinks should be my ideal.  I'm trying to resolve myself to what surgeon said yesterday - that the goal is to lose the weight and keep it off long-term, not hit a target number.  Another new thought process for me.

Oh...know how my Monday started?  With a knock on my bathroom door as I'm in the shower.  It was my youngest.  "Mom?  Can you tell me why it's almost 8:00 and I'm not at school yet??"  WHAT?!?!?  I totally messed up!  I thought the boys had a 4-day weekend (Good Friday and yesterday).  Wrong. The local Catholic schools and other nearby school districts were out of school, but not ours.  Nope.  The boys' 4-day weekend isn't until April 20-23.  What a way to start a week!  

So there ya have it...some random thoughts nesting in my brain.  Thanks for reading this hodge-podge of words.  Still counting down til May 9!

________________________________________________
"I praise you [God] because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." ~Psalm 139:14

No comments:

Post a Comment