A-Weigh We Go

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Awakened

I don't recall exactly when it was, I just remember it was either this past fall or winter when God awakened me to "John 15:5".  It was drilled into my head as I slept..."read John 15:5"... "don't forget to check out John 15:5"..."when you wake, get your Bible and read John 15:5".  I fully 100% believe that God wanted me to read John 15:5.  It was the ONLY thing in my dream that I remembered.  So when I awoke, I grabbed my phone (it was closer than my Bible) and checked out my Bible app but couldn't remember the verse!  I went first to John 5:15.  Nope...that couldn't be it.  It didn't make any sense whatsoever.  So I switched the numbers around and immediately knew this was the verse God was speaking to me.
I am the vine; you are the branches.  If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.
I clung to that verse when I began thinking about having gastric bypass surgery.  I thought of it often - remembering that i need to remain in Christ Jesus to be successful in this journey.  Since I've begun the process, I've thought about it occasionally, but I've not really clung to it like before.  I'm not sure why, but I haven't.  


The verse was part of our message at church today too.  Pastor K pointed out that Jesus intends for us to remain in Him.  We have a choice whether or not to pray, to be in the Word of God, to be righteous, to worship.  I have a choice to remain in Him through this process.  I've said it before, but if I do not allow Him to be in control of this part of my life, I will not succeed.  Apart from Him, I can do nothing.


Today I was awakened...again.
________________________________________________
"I praise you [God] because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." ~Psalm 139:14

No comments:

Post a Comment