A-Weigh We Go

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Change of Seasons

We've had a very mild winter here in Southern Indiana.  It's the end of March and we've had more days in the upper 70s than we have anything else.  Spring has officially sprung (and so has the grass).  That means that I need to get all my spring/summer clothes out of that space-saver Space Bag and put away the old winter clothes.  


Put away?  Well, not really.  I will never wear these clothes again.  My winter season of size 26-28 (3x) clothes will be a thing of the past by the time I'll need them again.  Still, I'm hesitant to take them to Goodwill just yet.  I want to be brave and just do it.  But there's that little bit of hesitation in my mind saying, "You've not heard back from the insurance company... you've not had surgery yet...you better wait."  So I think for now I'm going to get them out of my closet (probably this weekend) and put them "away" - if only temporarily.


I'd be lying if I didn't tell you that I am excited to be able to wear cute clothes some day.  To be able to shop in any store I want and buy/wear trendy clothes - not something frumpy and designed for someone twice my age.  I'm looking forward to silly little things like being able to own at least one set of cute matching bra and panties!  Something I've NEVER been able to do.  Ever.  (Sorry if that's TMI.)  I'm looking forward to the day when I drop off the clothes at Goodwill...knowing that I'll never be this size again. 


I'm looking forward to the change of seasons.
________________________________________________
"I praise you [God] because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." ~Psalm 139:14

No comments:

Post a Comment