A-Weigh We Go

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Monday, March 12, 2012

The family that eats together...

CME and I have discussed what we each think will happen (as far as our family goes) after I have surgery.  I personally think that the eating habits of our entire family will change.  MD made the comment at my last appointment that, "when Mom eats better, the whole family tends to follow suite." (that's my paraphrasing - but you get the point).


CME, on the other hand, has mentioned the other possibility.  That while I lose weight, he may gain.  He has a co-worker who's also had the surgery and while she's losing weight, her husband is gaining.  She attributes it to the fact that she'll take a bite of something and he'll finish it.  I really don't see that happening for us.  And I really do think the boys will eat better.  They're already starting to be more conscious about the labels - honing in on the fat and sugar contents.  (Side note - grocery shopping is going to take a lot longer when I start really analyzing the labels!)  


CME found this NPR story that pretty much supports my theory and is about gastric bypass.  I guess only time will tell.


Click here for the NPR Story 
(be sure to actually listen to the article as well.  Also...is it weird that the subject of this story has a last name that is my family last name???)
________________________________________________
"I praise you [God] because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." ~Psalm 139:14

No comments:

Post a Comment