A-Weigh We Go

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Friday, May 18, 2012

Afraid of the Scales

There have been so many failed attempts at weight loss in my life that I really have become afraid of the scales.  I'm sure there's some clinical phobia name for it, but for me it always represented failure.


One mindset that I need to continue to work through is the thought "What makes you think this will work for you?  Nothing else has."  It's one of the lies that Satan wants to feed me so I can worry about things that I know God has under his control.  And though I know it, I still take a deep breath every time I step on the scales.  I know that right now the weight loss will be quick...and I know that the weight will stall at some point.  (Heard it from MD, Surgeon, LCSW, RD and many many forums that I've stalked.)  But I feel like if I avoid the scales I might wind up where I was before...avoiding the scales and adding weight.  As of today (according to my Wii) I'm down 11.2 pounds since day of surgery.  I don't feel encouraged or disappointed either way because I don't want to set myself up for those feelings later.  I'm just glad to see a continual decrease at this point.  


I praise God that He is faithful even when I am sometimes doubtful.  He is good.  Always.
________________________________________________
"I praise you [God] because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." ~Psalm 139:14

No comments:

Post a Comment