A-Weigh We Go

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Weekend Recap

It's been a good weekend.  Yesterday morning my youngest and I were out walking by 8am.  I walked 3/4 mile again and he walked 1.25 miles.  I'm hoping to get up to that this week.  


Getting the required fluids/protein intake is better.  Having a 4oz protein shake with 26g protein helps in that.  I've also been adding Special K protein water mix to my water which seems to be working well.  It adds 5g protein and 5g fiber and some flavor.  It's definitely do-able.


Two things I've noticed that I will discuss during my appointment tomorrow:

  1. Belching/burping/gurgling is constant.  I don't think I've burped this much in my entire life.  While the Gas-X strips help, it's still excessive and very noticeable.  It also seems like it happens more when I drink while sitting down.  I'm sure it has something to do with the "compression" aspect of my body, but it really is annoying.
  2. Any thing that requires me to raise my hands above my head (especially for a prolonged period of time) leaves me feeling completely fatigued.  As if there is no strength whatsoever.  I'm not short of breath and I don't have any chest pains, but simple things like washing my hair, drying it,  searching through a cabinet looking for a spice, etc. take the wind out of my sails.  Why?
I was sooooooooooo excited to be able to be among my closest friends at church today.  I missed those hugs last week!  I had two separate meetings before church and packed a protein shake to consume during one of them.  It's nice that church has a refrigerator that I could store my shake!  Made it much easier to get in the required stuff when I needed it.  


The message and worship time were fantastic (as always) and I was overjoyed just to be able to share in this corporate worship time.  I miss all of that when I can't get to church.  The one thing I did not do was take communion.  It felt so odd, to be honest.  I initially took the bread and juice as I normally do and as I was praying a thought hit me, "Oh wait!  Can I have this?"  So, weird as it may be, I grabbed my phone and Googled it.  There were mixed responses, but the majority I saw said that it's not good to partake this close to surgery.  One person even commented that they had taken communion and immediately experienced dumping syndrome.  I really feel like I missed out on a very special part of worship today.  It may seem minor to some, but to me it was the first "I missed out" that I have felt since surgery - even with the family eating what smell like REALLY good food.  I think it's another thing I'm going to ask about at my appointment tomorrow.  When can I partake in communion again?!


All-in-all it's been a good weekend.  Looking forward to my appt tomorrow to see where things stand and get any new information they may have my way.


Oh...and tomorrow, our oldest daughter is being induced so hopefully by tomorrow night I'll be holding my first grandchild!  
________________________________________________
"I praise you [God] because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." ~Psalm 139:14

No comments:

Post a Comment