A-Weigh We Go

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Monday, May 7, 2012

It's On!

I have been super giddy today.  I'm pretty sure my co-workers wanted to punch me or something, but I couldn't help it.  I'm excited!  I'm so ready for Wednesday.  My appointment with surgeon went very well.  I was down another 6.3# making my total weight loss so far 25.4#!  I shared that news with a few people today and had one person actually say, "If you're losing weight without surgery, why are you having the surgery?"  All I can say at this point is that I am the queen of weight loss.  I KNOW how to lose weight.  I've done it a bazillion times.  What I've not been successful at is maintaining and changing lifestyle/habits.  This "tool" will force me to change my lifestyle.  No more cheating, no more binge eating, no more hidden snacks.  And I'm totally okay with that!


CME purchased a couple of books for me to read along this journey:  Emotional First Aid Kit: A Practical Guide to Life After Bariatric Surgery and Recipes for Life After Weight Loss Surgery. I shared those with RD and LCSW, who thought they looked like good tools for me.  


So, avoiding that "last meal" mentality didn't totally happen.  There was something that I really wanted for dinner tonight.  Dolma! (aka stuffed grape leaves)  My Turkish daughter was a total sweetheart and made some homemade dolma and homemade hummus for dinner tonight.  My "last meal" left my boss at work pondering what was wrong with me.  He asked, "You mean you don't want a big fat juicy steak?  A bone-in Rib-eye???"  Nope.  Didn't even sound appealing.  I wanted dolma and hummus!  I got dolma and hummus!  And it was delicious!   






As the time is drawing nearer, I am amazed at the peace that I have with this whole thing.  It is truly a peace that passes all understanding.  Thank you, God!
________________________________________________
"I praise you [God] because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." ~Psalm 139:14

No comments:

Post a Comment