A-Weigh We Go

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

If I'm Being Honest...

...I'm a bit disappointed.


I had my 3-week post-op appointment today.  I'm officially down 19 pounds.  (My Wii weighs me less.)  I was actually hoping for at least 21 pounds - a pound a day.  I don't know if that's unrealistic or not, but I really had hoped it was more.  I told the nurse that and she said, "everyone says that...but you're doing fine."


The MD said I was right on track and that I should start getting exercise in, but also noted that I need to increase my fluids.  My fluids are all over the board - some days nearly 80oz...others not quite 50oz.  I need to be getting at least 60oz and with the increased exercise probably more like 70+ oz.  The nurse took my BP twice because it was reading low...94/60.  Fluid increase might also help that, but it could also be why I'm still dragging some days.  Occasional light-headedness is happening which again can be attributed to the low blood pressure.  


I know I was warned that the emotional side of this surgery was possibly the hardest part and today, I understand that.  I'm a bit...weepy?  I haven't actually cried yet, but feel like I could at any moment.  I'm frustrated that I feel like I'm running in a circle.  I need to increase exercise but am still tired (though energy is finally getting a little better) and BP is low which can be an attributing factor...and I need to increase fluids...and exercise might help the BP too...


Yes, if I'm being honest...I'm really kind of bummed about it all.




________________________________________________
"I praise you [God] because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." ~Psalm 139:14

No comments:

Post a Comment