A-Weigh We Go

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Friday, May 18, 2012

Lesson Learned

CME fixed a yummy-looking meal tonight for the rest of the family...beef rolls (thin steak stuffed with a mixture of feta cheese, olive oil, bread crumbs, spinach, garlic and onion then rolled and baked) accompanied by a ceasar salad I made for them.  I decided to try something new too.  My Turkish daughter had some dry soup mixes and had told me that one of them was Lentil.  So, being the oh-so-smart person I am (ha!) I used Google Translate and found one that translated perfectly as "Lentil Soup".  I used the translator to figure out the directions and was so proud of myself!


Turkish daughter came out and said, "Mom...this isn't Lentil soup."  She showed me the package that was the actual Lentil Soup.  Still, what I ate was yummy...though there were some VERY tiny pieces of bulgur wheat.  I noticed them and did chew them the best I possibly could.  I'm not totally freaking out about it...I made sure it was very well chewed before swallowing and in all honesty, there wasn't much at all.  Still...I worry how it will "sit" in my pouch.  Time will tell, I suppose.


Lesson learned:  I can't read Turkish and can't trust Google Translate!




My Turkish daughter with her hair in curlers for her night out.  :)


________________________________________________
"I praise you [God] because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." ~Psalm 139:14

1 comment: