A-Weigh We Go

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Where Have You Been?

"Where have you been?  You've not blogged for a while."  Someone asked me that tonight.  Ok, not really. *I* asked me that tonight!  How has over a week past and I've not put anything out here?  Nothing.


Well, I've been busy!  Really, I have!  Since my last entry, I've been to a Boy Scouts Moms' meeting, a dance performance for my Turkish daughter, went shopping for my soon-to-arrive grandgirl, went to my daughter/grandgirl's baby shower, saw the Broadway version of Young Frankenstein, had dinner with CME and some friends, added a 5th person to our household (for how long is unknown), enjoyed my youngest son's musical at church and my oldest son's fine arts night at school.  Add to all that the Mom's taxi service and work and church...  Yes, life's been busy.


I have tried some different ways to incorporate the protein into my diet.  Discovered that the unflavored protein added to cottage cheese doesn't really taste differently, but the consistency was slimy.  Didn't care for it at all.  Strawberry Sorbet protein added to a bottle of crystal light lemonade wasn't bad.  A bit strong, but wasn't hard to get down at all.  I like the idea of adding it to my water.  It's like killing two birds with one stone.  


I had to see my PCP today.  I have a stupid infected ingrown toenail!  I can't get on any closed-toe shoes without a bazillion twinges of pain shooting down my big toe and into my foot.  PCP put me on an antibiotic to at least clear the infection prior to surgery.  It's a royal pain.  I called bariatric center today and talked with nurse.  She agreed that I needed to at least have it looked at and to get on antibiotics if need be - and then I can discuss it with surgeon at my appointment on Monday.


Tomorrow I've got a "phone appointment" with the hospital's pre-admission department to gather pertinent medical information.  It should be quick since I'm really pretty healthy other than my obesity (and stupid ingrown toenail!)  I wan't to spend some time at some point this weekend going back over my education manual and actually preparing my first two week's menus.  That may seem a little silly to do, but I want to focus on recovery after the surgery rather than the "what to eat" part of it.


When I started this journey, I made a promise to myself and to some others that I would not just get my body healthy, but that I would get my emotional and spiritual health better too.  I've worked on it, but know that I still have a long way to go.  I still find myself wanting to believe the lies and insecurities that have been a part of my being for so long.  I often refer to the lists I've made to contradict those lies - I need to remember who God made me to be.  Still, some days I am weak.  Some days I fall back into old habits without even realizing it.  So I'm still asking for God to heal that part of me as well.  Healing takes time and I am so thankful God is patient.  He is truly my rock in this life. 


So yeah, life's been busy but it keeps moving on. This time next week, I will be post op 1+ days!  It's hard to believe that it's almost here!  I am tremendously thankful that God has been and will continue to be with me through this journey.  He is good, always!
________________________________________________
"I praise you [God] because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." ~Psalm 139:14

2 comments:

  1. http://cindybultema.blogspot.com/2012/05/what-are-you-wearing.html

    An interesting look at the lies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for posting this! GREAT blog post!!!

      Delete